Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling. This theory based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling. With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activities! Refresher training recommended every 3 years Ofqual regulated ½ day course
Please note that this qualification does not include practical sessions. Those requiring practical training should undertake the QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF).
What is covered?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Theory of safe manual handling principles
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
Need Help Or Advice?
If you have any questions or need help assessing your First Aid or Training Needs then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.